Picnics are an easy and inexpensive way for a quick escape from the stress going on in your life. The benefits of going outdoors for a little while are incredible. So, focus on self-care and your social relationships and go on a picnic with your friends.
When Is a Good Time to Go on a Picnic with Your Friends?
You can go on a picnic with your friends almost anytime with the right gear and clothing.
- Plan a weekday evening picnic at a local park with friends from work
- On a weekend
- At sunrise
- At sunset
- Under the stars
- In the morning for breakfast
- When you’ve had a stressful week
- In the Fall
- In the Spring
- In the rain (find an outdoor picnic shelter at a park)
Picnic Location Ideas
Options for good locations for a picnic with your friends are also endless. There are probably a few locations near your home or office. Or, on a weekend, spontaneously grab your friends for an adventurous road trip and get out of town for the day.
- Local park
- A farm
- Outdoor movie
- Outdoor concert
- On an urban rooftop
- Your backyard
Tempting Picnic Food
Picnic food can be as simple as cold chicken, potato salad from the deli, and a bunch of sandwiches from your local sandwich shop.
Or, if you have extra time and want to make your own delicious food, here are a few picnic food ideas:
- Muffaletta Sandwiches
- Caponata Picnic Sandwiches (If you have vegetarian friends that eat less meat, these sandwiches are a terrific option.)
- French Potato Salad
- Asian Style Slaw
- Brownies (this is the best brownie recipe I’ve ever had)
- Lemon Bars