A girls weekend gift exchange is a festive and meaningful tradition that you can do any time of the year.
Think about it, you’ve finally escaped the boss, kids, husband, dogs and other responsibilities that we all need a break from sometimes. You probably had a long drive to your girls weekend vacation rental, maybe went shopping or sightseeing, and had a relaxing dinner with the girls.
It’s time to grab a glass of wine, put on your comfortable lounge wear, and kick back for an evening of stories and laughter with your girlfriends. AND, start your girls weekend gift exchange.
If you’re planning to travel during the 2021 Covid-19 pandemic, please take precautions advised by medical and scientific experts. Some locations may require you to quarantine upon arrival or not allow visitors at all.
If you click the links below and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for your support so I can continue to bring you new content. You can read my disclosures here.
Here’s How a Few of My Favorite Things Girls Weekend Gift Exchange Works
- Ask each friend attending the weekend to bring three of an item that they love
- The three items should be the same, such as a favorite kitchen gadget, lip gloss, gift card to a favorite store, etc.
- Set specific price range. Items valued between $10 and $15 are usually affordable for everyone
- For you creative types, wrap your favorite items in a cute gift bag or fancy gift wrap!
- Each friend that is participating should write their name on three pieces of paper as they arrive for the weekend
- Fold the papers and put the names into a bowl, hat, etc.
- When you start your favorite things exchange, pass the bowl around and have each person draw three slips of paper, being careful not to draw a name twice or their own name
- Each person passes out their gifts to the names they drew
At the end, everyone has three new things to take home with them (who doesn’t love that?) from their girls weekend gift exchange.
Bring Custom Girls Weekend Reusable Shopping Bags
Order custom reusable girls weekend shopping bags to use during your girls weekend, store gift exchange goodies in, and use to shop with during and after your girls weekend!
Make sure to check with your group and include the cost in what they’re paying for girls weekend during the planning stages.
Girls Weekend Shenanigans Make Good Stories
Other Variations to Try
- Mix it up and bring five favorite things (instead of three) that are between $5 and $10 each
- Change the price range, higher or lower, depending on the taste of your group
- If many of the girls attending your getaway weekend like to read, exchange three favorite books
- Have a girls weekend gift exchange that matches your theme, such as a spa night or craft weekend
- Make a rule that everyone brings something they made
- Have a contest and vote for best gift wrap
What are some fun gift exchange ideas that you’ve done in the past? Please share in the comments below.